Last month, Routes into Rail, Network Rail and VolkerRail attended the Women in Engineering and Technology event to speak to young women interested in a STEM career. The in-person event was hosted by London South Bank University and streamed online.
There were speeches from:
- Nilda Sanchez, a Senior Engineer at Network Rail
- Cecelia Hansen-Saunders, Commercial Director for VolkerRail
- Alice Williams-Allden, engineer in the Royal Navy
- Dalia Ali, Digital & Tech Future Leader at GSK (a pharmaceutical company)
There were also panel discussions with:
- Graduates from Network Rail, Virgin Media O2, the Royal Navy and STEMAZING
- Representatives from Routes into Rail, Network Rail and VolkerRail sharing stats and busting myths about women in STEM
- Careers advisors from VolkerRail, the National Skills Academy for Rail (NSAR), UK Atomic Energy Authority, a PhD student from London South Bank University and GSK.
Feel like you missed out? The full event stream is available here!
Speakers and panellists were available following the event – and representatives from the companies involved were available online – for attendees to connect with and chat about opportunities.
Thanks to Campus Media for organising and London South Bank University for hosting the event.